Super moist and lightly sweetened with honey, these chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are perfect fall breakfast or on the go snack! Made all in one bowl with coconut oil and white whole wheat flour.
Super moist, fluffy, and with subtle pumpkin taste. These pumpkin muffins are made with all basic (healthier) ingredients.
One bowl, a whisk, and a spoon. That’s right…no mixer is required.
They are sweetened only with honey and bananas. Banana is basically a natural sweetener and I love having it in my baked goods.
They are sweetened only with honey and bananas. Banana is basically a natural sweetener and I love adding it to my baked goods.
In place of white flour, I used white whole wheat flour, which I must say I’m becoming a huge fan of. It’s not as heavy as whole wheat and not as processed as white flour. So it’s a good medium.
To finish these off, I added chocolate chips…because why not?! They add just the perfect chocolatey taste without overpowering the pumpkin.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana, about 2–3 bananas
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Get your grill / Alfa Oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or if using liners, line with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk coconut oil and honey. Whisk in eggs.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in the mashed banana, pumpkin puree, milk, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add the flour and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan. You should be able to fill all 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F degrees, then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the temperature to 350 F degrees, and bake for additional 17-20 or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place the muffin pans on a cooling rack to cool. Store cooled muffins, covered, at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.